- The teenage drug user has a greater risk of addiction due to the maturity of the brain. The part of the brain that controls impulses is not as developed as an adults brain.
- There are many factors that cause substance abuse including family, social, individual, and genetic factors.
- There are various methods of treatment for teenage substance abuse. A facility like Clearbrook Lodge should be consulted to find the proper avenue to take.
- 16% of eighth grade students have already used alcohol. 29% of tenth grade students have already used alcohol.
- More than two thirds of tenth grade students have said that marijuana is very easy to obtain. 30% of the same demographic have admitted to using marijuana in the last year.
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Posted by Clearbrook Treatment Centers at 8:09 AM